Where and when does Cicada take place?
Cicada 2018 takes place Saturday October 13 at Henley Island, St. Catharines, ON
What can I bring?
To make sure you have everything you’ll need while attending the festival, please feel free to bring the following items with you:
- Sun block
- Blankets, sheets and towels
- Point-and-shoot cameras
- Small backpacks, purses, and empty hydration bladder packs. All must be under 12”x6”x12”.
- Empty water bottle (free, filtered water will be provided via Hydration Stations)
- Selfie sticks are allowed, but must expand to no longer than 40” in length and must be made of light material (light metal, rubber plastic). All selfie sticks are subject to Cicada staff discretion and may or may not be allowed.
- REMEMBER: All patrons and belongings are subject to search and prohibited items will be removed at the discretion of the front gate and security staff.
Need to charge your mobile device? Learn more about Informed Energy Solutions Portable Chargers?
You can learn more about Informed Energy Solutions services here.
How does parking work for Cicada 2018?
Upon arrival after crossing the bridge there will be a car entrance stations as well as a pedestrian/bicycle entrance. Festival parking is a $10 cash fee. If you require accessible parking attendants will be able to direct you to your reserved areas.
Enter this address into your GPS:
Henley Island, St Catharines ON Canada
Do you allow re-entry?
Yes, we will allow re-entry.
What time do gates open?
Gates will open at noon.
Is this event family and pet friendly?
We are certainly a family friendly event and welcome guests of all ages. Children under 12 will be admitted for free with an adult admission (a max of two free entries per adult). Only service animals will be permitted, please avoid the front of the main stage as it is a stressful place for dogs.
Will there be food and drink for sale and can I bring my own?
Delectable foods inspired by local ingredients will be available from local businesses. We will post a list of food vendors about a month before the festival. Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic beverages will be for sale from local vendors. A water filling station will be provided by the Niagara Region.
You may not bring in outside food and drink.
Will First Aid be on site?
St John’s Ambulance Centre will be on site with a dedicated first aid tent stocked with supplies and we have Cicada staff and volunteers with first aid training.
What should I leave at home?
We make every effort to provide an environment where all attendees can fully enjoy their time at Cicada. With that in mind, kindly leave these items at home:
- Large backpacks, book bags, or any bag over 12”x6”x12” in size will not be allowed.
- Food and drink
- Illegal substances of any kind
- Glow sticks
- Inappropriate headdresses
- Silly string
- Spray paint
- Glass containers and metal aerosol cans, including sunscreen in aerosol cans
- No unauthorized vendors will be permitted
- No solicitations, handbills, sampling, give-aways, etc.
- Remote-controlled vehicles or aircrafts, including drones
REMEMBER: All travelers and their belongings are subject to search and prohibited items will be removed at the discretion of the front gate staff. These items are subject to change at anytime and at the discretion of the front gate and security staff.
Is smoking allowed at Cicada?
Smoking (including e-cigarettes) on festival grounds will only be permitted at the designated smoking area, located near the the base of the cell tower. There will be signage and it will be sectioned off. Please respect others.
Where is the Lost and Found located at the festival?
Lost and Found is located at the Info Booth, which is near the maker tents.
Where are the bathrooms located and are there accessible bathrooms?
All bathrooms are located to the far left of the Main Stage, behind a grove of trees. There are accessible bathrooms.
Where can I find the official Cicada On-site Safety Policy?
- You can find the official Cicada On-site Safety Policy here.
Where are my tickets?
Can’t find your tickets? You can check on your ticket delivery method via your Showclix account. There is a My Tickets tab that will have all your information.